What to consider while choosing the best maternity health insurance plan in India?
Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful phases of a woman’s life. This is the time when we keep imagining what our baby will look like, how we can take the best care of the baby even if it is inside us, and we even get very careful about our movements so that our baby remains safe. Amidst all these things, we also need to consider the fact that during our pregnancy we need to undergo several medical tests and ultrasounds. And these need a lot of money. This is why it is prudent to buy a maternity health insurance policy.
What is a maternity insurance plan?
Maternity insurance plans are usually add-on covers that are available with regular health insurance policies. A maternity insurance plan provides coverage for all the expenses that are related to the delivery of a baby including both regular and cesarean, as well as the other costs. This plan will cover prenatal expenses, medication, hospitalization expenses, etc. As a result, bringing your baby into this beautiful world becomes much easier and smoother.
Points to consider while buying the best maternity health insurance plan
When it is about purchasing the best maternity health insurance plan in India, you certainly need to consider some of the points. Here are a few of them mentioned below:
- The waiting period of the plan must be between 9 months and 4 years
- You must check if pre and post-pregnancy periods including delivery expenses are covered or not. The majority of the maternity insurance plans come with coverage for two deliveries.
- You need to ensure if vaccination is included in the plan
- Make sure the plan you buy offers a sum assured of at least INR 1 lakh.
Top maternity insurance plans in India
Choosing the right maternity insurance plan in India can be a little challenging since there are so many of them available in the market. So, let us take a look at some of them today here.
SBI Arogya Premier
We can trust SBI blindly, right? After all, it has been a reliable source for insurance policies to date. One of the best things about their maternity insurance plans is the waiting period, which is only nine months. Their plan also is available with a restoration benefit. This means the money put under insurance is automatically returned to the policyholder if it gets exhausted in one policy year. You will not be required to pay any premium amount for this.
- After each 4 policy years, the plan offers free health check-ups
- For policy buyers under 55 years of age, there is no pre-entrance health check-up required
- Every year, the insured sum increases by 10%, provided there is no claim in the previous policy year.
Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance
This is another health insurance plan that will provide full financial support in case of a mishap. In addition to this, the maternity plan offered by Bharti AXA is helpful for all mothers. The maternity benefits package ranges from INR 3 lakh to INR 7.5 lakh and is totally optional.
- The plan provides coverage for up to two deliveries or terminations that are lawful
- This maternity plan comes with lifetime validity and you will be able to avail yourself it of at any point
- For up to 90 days from the date of the birth of a child, all expenses related to the newborn will be covered under this plan.
Like these two, there are several maternity health insurance plans available in the market offered by various insurance companies. To take a look at them, you can visit the website of IIFL.